Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Teenage Fanclub


Now.
Everyone has pet bands/albums. I have a few. This is allowed because I have a blog. If you don't, you're only allowed one. Deal with it.
Anyways, the one I'm going to talk about on this particular day - one filled with snow and political strife - is Teenage Fanclub's Bandwagonesque.
I'm fascinated by this album for a number of reasons, but the foremost is I really have no idea why I like it so much. If I really listen to it objectively, it's by no means a great album, but I still love it. Since I don't feel like writing in paragraph form anymore, here are some bullet points about the album:

- It's biggest claim to fame is being accidentally well-regarded. Allow me to explain: Back in 1991, when the album came out, Spin magazine bestowed upon it the honor of being named the album of the year. Pretty big deal. You'd think that would get it some respect. But no - the #2 album that year, according to Spin, was Nevermind. So, after Nevermind became a classic (and that's a whole 'nother blog), Bandwagonesque developed a notoriety for being named the #1 album of the year ahead of Nevermind. For years, that was all I knew about this album.
- It also gets overlooked because it came out of the UK in 1991, when there was an insane amount of quality music coming out of the UK - but it doesn't really sound like your typical britpop, so it gets brushed to the side a little.
- It has an awesome lyric in "She don't do drugs/but she does the pill". I find this to be clever.

But, aside from all of that, it's a pretty plain album. But I love it. And I don't know why.

Here's two songs - And please... please comment if they're actually good or not. I need to know if I'm actually insane for loving this album:

Teenage Fanclub - The Concept
Teenage Fanclub - Alchoholiday

(From: Bandwagonesque)

(See... Even the song titles are kind of lame... Alcoholiday sounds like it could be a Nickelback/Theory of the Deadman Double LP. For the love of good bread.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course this is a fantastic album what is wrong with you! i don't see what makes it so plain or whatever. I think that it's strong pop melodies and simple stuctures makes it unique and appealing

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your hospitalized.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your hospitalized.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com