Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dangling On A String



Sometimes I think I would like to be a DJ. But not at a bar. At a pub. Or an alehouse. I would like to do this on Tuesday nights. I don't think my playlists would really work on a weekend, or on a Thursday, and Wednesdays don't seem right for some reason. Tuesday is perfect. People would reminisce about the weekend that passed. Stories would be told, and plans would be made for the coming Friday over bottles of Pilsner, or whatever the draught special is for that particular night. As the crowd thins out and handshakes are exchanged with promises to call before Saturday, I would play this song to close down the bar.

Chairmen of the Board - (You've Got Me) Dangling on a String

(From: The Very Best of Chairmen of the Board)

No comments: